CELEBRATE 85 YEARS WITH A&A!
This September, Arts & Activities begins its 85th year of publication!
Join the celebration by sharing how you’ve used, adapted, tweaked or expanded the projects and ideas from the magazine in your art room.
If your submission is published, you will receive print copies, as well as a PDF of the special 85th-Anniversary “It Works!” issue. It’s up to you whether to use your bragging rights … You will also garner recognition for your school, art program, students — and yourself! How cool is that?
To get an idea of what “A&A It Works!” is all about, visit
DEADLINE January 10, 2018
This allows you time to photograph a project you’ve already tried or will be trying as the new school year begins.
1. Provide the title and author of the original lesson/project that inspired you, and the issue in which it appeared.
2. Write a brief description (50–150 words) of how you used or modified the original lesson/project.
3. Send several high-resolution photographs of resultant student work (300 ppi and at least 5″ x 7″).
4. Include your name, professional position, email address, as well as your home and school mailing addresses.
5. Submissions are due by midnight, January 10, 2018.
email the above by January 10, 2018 to:
[email protected] (please write “It Works!” in the subject line)
Please Note: The act of submitting “Material” (text and photos) to the Arts & Activities “It Works!” program constitutes consent to irrevocably assign to Arts & Activities/PDC (“PDC”) any and all rights to Material including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, including copyright. Submission further grants PDC and its respective agents the right to publish, produce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify Material in any way and in any and all media, without limitation and without additional compensation. Submission of Material also constitutes permission to use contributor’s name and Material for purposes of advertising and promotion for PDC without further compensation. Submission of Material also implies that contributors grant PDC the exclusive right to publish and re-publish the Material, in whole or in part, in any form of media now known or hereafter developed, and to also use it for promotional and commercial purposes at PDC’s discretion, without further compensation.